Junior Player Registration
Interested in your child starting rugby?
Newton Abbot Rugby Club has a growing junior section and is proud to have the largest player membership in the county.
Enquire about joining one of our 17 age groups today:
- U6/5 (Reception & Yr1) Tag Rugby
- U7 – U10 (Yr2 – Yr5) mixed girls and boys. Tag Rugby up to U8s. Contact Rugby from U9s
- U11 – U18 (Yr6 – Yr13) separate girls and boys squads
Our U6/U5s age group can fill up quickly so please register your interest if your child is at Pre-School and due to start school in the coming September.
Want to know more?
- Our juniors train mid-week with matches on Sunday mornings except U18s boys who play on a Saturday afternoon and U12s girls upwards who play on Sunday afternoons (specific location, days and times will be confirmed by an age grade admin) (pitch map link)
- Your child is welcomed and encouraged to experience up to 3 taster session, for free, before committing to a playing membership
- A player Membership are for 12 months (payable via a monthly direct debit) and are mandatory to continue training and to be eligible to play matches. Apply Here
- Match kit is all available to purchase through our online club shop here all training garments are available to purchase through our clothing partner Vx-3 here
- All our parent/player communications are managed through an App/website called Spond, (your age grade admin will confirm the group code you need to join) (demo video link)
- Each season players must create a profile and affiliate to Newton Abbot Rugby Club on an RFU system called GMS (Game Management System).
- We have club Social Media pages across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok so please join these to get all the latest information from around the club and community
Please note Newton Abbot Rugby Club want all children interested in rugby to get the opportunity to enjoy the sport. If you need any support with finances, contact our welfare team email@example.com
What do I need do for the first session?
- Ensure you are on Spond so we have emergency contact details and you get the latest updates on location and timings
- Your child will ideally wear boots, old/sports clothes that you don’t mind getting muddy and can handle the british weather; bring a drinks bottle; have a gum shield – optional for u8 or below, mandatory to do contact from u9’s and above)
- Most age groups collect £1 donations to help raise funds for more equipment, squad socials and other initiatives
- Please ensure you are pitch-side in plenty of time to meet the coaches and other players
- U12 and below there is a requirement for a responsible adult to be present at the club at all timesPlease complete the registration form below so your enquiry can be directed to the correct age grade
Junior Player Registration
If your child is interested in joining, please register them by completing the form below.